|Grouping||XML||CSV||Here's what you need to know|
|Dates||PaymentRecordTransactionD||Pay/Update Date||The dates must be in the ATO-required format. Here are some valid samples:|
|SignatureD||Payer Declaration Date|
|EmploymentStartD||Payee Commencement Date|
|EmploymentEndD||Payee Cessation Date|
|StartD||Payroll Run - Period Start Date|
|EndD||Payroll Run - Period End Date|
|PaymentRecordPaymentEffectiveD||Payee ETP Payment Date|
|SignatureD||Payee Date Declaration Signed|
|Payer/Payee Electronic Contact||ElectronicMailAddressT||Payer/Payee Electronic Contact||This must be an email address in the ATO-required format. Spaces aren't accepted.|
|TelephoneMinimalN||Payer/Payee Business Hours Phone Number||This must be a phone number.|
Only numbers and spaces are allowed.
Brackets (typically used for area codes) are not allowed.
The phone number must include the area code. If the phone number is outside Australia, it must include the country code.
1800, 13 numbers and mobile numbers are allowed.
A maximum of 16 characters are allowed.
|Payer/Payee Postal Address||Line1T||Payer/Payee Address Line 1||Unit, apartment and street address must be provided in the 1st and 2nd address lines.|
It may not be necessary to use both lines.
The following must be in their own dedicated fields (not address lines 1 or 2):
A maximum of 38 characters are allowed.
|Line2T||Payer/Payee Address Line 2||A maximum of 38 characters are allowed.|
|LocalityNameT||Payer/Payee Suburb/Town||A maximum of 46 characters are allowed.|
|StateOrTerritoryC||Payer/Payee State/Territory||This must only be supplied for Australian addresses.|
The value must be one of the following, exactly as stated below (in capitals):
|PostcodeT||Payer/Payee Postcode||This is mandatory if the Payee's country code is either Australia (au) or not supplied.|
A maximum of 4 characters are allowed.
|CountryC||Payer Country Code||This represents the Country Code as prescribed by AS4590 and inherited from ISO 3166.|
Some examples include, exactly as stated below (in lowercase):
|Reporting Party||OrganisationDetailsOrganisationBranchC||Payer Branch Code||1 to 3 digits are allowed.|
The first digit must not be 0.
If the Payer does not have a branch number, this must be set to 1.
|Payee||TaxFileNumberId||Payee TFN||8 to 9 digits are allowed.|
If a TFN exemption is being sought, valid TFNs to use are:
For employment termination payments, in the event the payment is due to the death of an employee, show either the TFN of the trustee for the deceased estate or the TFN of the dependant or non dependant of the deceased employee, whichever is applicable.
- 000000000 – Where the payee has not completed a TFN declaration, the payee has completed a TFN declaration and chooses not to quote a TFN, the payee has indicated that they applied or enquired about a TFN with the ATO and failed to provide a TFN within 28 days.
- 111111111 – Where the payee has not provided a TFN but they indicate on the TFN declaration that they have applied or enquired about a TFN with the ATO.
- 333333333 – Where the payee is under the age of eighteen and earns $350 or less weekly, earns $700 or less fortnightly or earns $1517 or less monthly.
- 444444444 – Where the payee is a recipient of a social security or service pension or benefit (other than Newstart, sickness allowance, special benefits or partner allowance) an exemption from quoting a TFN may be claimed.
- 987654321 – Where a payee has quoted a TFN with alpha characters the code 987654321 must be used in place of the quoted TFN. This code must also be used where the TFN quoted cannot be contained in the TFN field.
|Termination Payment Summary||TypeC||ETP Code||Valid values are:|
- R – ETP made because of one of the following: early retirement scheme, genuine redundancy, invalidity, or compensation for personal injury, unfair dismissal, harassment, or discrimination.
- O – Other ETP not described by R (for example: golden handshake, gratuity, payment in lieu of notice, payment for unused sick leave, or payment for unused rostered days off).
- S – ETP code R payment received in the current year and received another ETP (code R or code O), or a transitional termination payment, in an earlier income year for the same termination of employment.
- P – ETP code O payment received in the current year and received another ETP (code R or code O), or a transitional termination payment, in an earlier income year for the same termination of employment.
- D – Death benefit ETP paid to a dependant of the deceased.
- B – Death benefit ETP paid to a non-dependant of the deceased and a termination payment was made to the non-dependant in a previous income year for the same termination.
- N – Death benefit ETP paid to a non-dependant of the deceased.
- T – Death benefit ETP paid to a trustee of the deceased estate.
|LumpSumAC||Lump Sum Payment A||If the field is greater than zero, this field must be set to one of the allowable indicators as specified below:|
- R – where payment was for a genuine redundancy, invalidity or under an early retirement scheme.
- T – where payment was not a payment for a genuine redundancy, invalidity or under an early retirement scheme.
|Allowance||TypeC||Allowance Type||Valid values are:|
- Car – Car expense allowance.
- Transport – Award transport payments up to reasonable amounts.
- Laundry – Laundry allowances.
- Meals – Award overtime meal allowance.
- Travel – Domestic or overseas travel allowance above the reasonable limit and all overseas accommodation allowances.
- Other – All other allowances for expected deductible expenses.
|ResidencyTaxPurposesPersonStatusC||Payee Residency Status||Valid values are:|
- Resident – Resident
- Non-Resident – Non-Resident
- Working Holiday Maker – Working Holiday Maker
|PaymentArrangementPaymentBasisC||Basis of Payment Code||Valid values are:|
- F – Full time payees
- P – Part time payees
- C – Casual payees
- L – Labour hire payees
- S – Pension or Annuity payees